The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACC) Austin is looking for a proactive, ambitious and result-oriented intern/trainee to join our team on a part time position, starting as soon as possible.
SACC Austin is a part of SACC-Texas, which was founded in Houston in 1983, and it is a state-wide business network with local chapters in Austin, Dallas and Houston. SACC-Texas’ local chapters work both individually and jointly to promote trade and investment between Sweden and Texas.
As the only SACC Chamber in the greater south-central region of the United States, SACC-Texas also provides an active forum for the promotion of trade and investment between Sweden and its neighboring states.
SACC-Texas is one of 19 active Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce in the USA. We work closely both with other SACC Chambers and with our umbrella organization SACC-USA, to promote business relationships between Sweden and America both on an individual and an organizational scale. The Swedish American Chamber of Commerce Texas is a membership based, not for profit organization, with over 180 members in the Texas area.
WHAT DO WE DO
- Connect individuals and organizations through our professional network.
- Share information and knowledge through a number of high-profile networking events and seminars throughout the year.
- Drive business and building bridges between American and Swedish companies for mutually advantageous business opportunities.
MARKETING, EVENTS INTERN, MEMBERSHIP & BUSINESS STRATEGY
The intern’s role includes planning and implementing activities such as business seminars and networking events and securing speakers for events in Austin.
The intern will plan, deliver and follow up the activities. This includes creating event and marketing proposals, budgeting, time and more. The intern has a mission to increase attendee to member conversion rate. The Intern will be involved in all daily activities, update the homepage, social media, co-edit newsletter, designing events and promoting and representing the chamber at board meetings, business and networking at events
The role also includes developing new relations, fostering and maintaining relations with current members and attract new members. The intern will manage the daily communication with our members, as well as developing membership values and benefits.
Some of the benefits:
- As an intern at SACC-Austin, you get the unique opportunity to expand your professional network, gain new experience and advance your skills by working in a highly inspirational atmosphere and by meeting and collaborating with industry leaders and professionals in a variety of business sectors. This is a once in a lifetime chance to gain a competitive edge — in Sweden and internationally.
- Put theory into practice. You get to put your theoretical knowledge into practice. You will learn American methodologies and practices and will be able to compare differences between the U.S. and Sweden.
- American business experience. You will learn first-hand how business is conducted in the U.S.
- English language skills. You will improve your English speaking and writing skills, both general business-English and specific to your field.
- Cross-cultural Skills. You will develop an understanding of U.S. customs and culture and become adept at cross-cultural communication – a skill that will be invaluable in your future career.
- Competitive advantage. With international experience on your resume, you will immediately gain an advantage over your peers in the Swedish job market.
- International Network. You will start building a personal international support network.
- Higher education within Business, Marketing Finance, Marketing, IT or equivalent
- Related work or extracurricular activities
- Structured, self-starter and an outgoing personality
- Business- & service minded
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Stress resistant and able to keep a positive attitude in all situations
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
- Experience of web technology and web design is a plus
- Knowledge within Graphic Design and/or web coding is a plus
The internship has no monetary compensation, as SACC-Texas is a non-profit organization. As an intern abroad, you are entitled to apply for scholarships. Some students, depending on the university program, might also be eligible to receive student aid from CSN.
SACC‐USA will assist with the visa application. You must be a Swedish citizen eligible for a J-1 visa to be considered for this position. Interviews will be held continuously.
Please email cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com and for more information about the Program visit SACC USA Trainee. You are also welcome to send any questions to SACC-Texas current intern Elin Sjödahl at firstname.lastname@example.org