The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACC) in Dallas/Fort Worth is looking for a driven Vice Chair to join our Board.
SACC-Dallas is a membership based, not-for-profit organization, with around 150 individual and company members. It is a part of the statewide business network — SACC-Texas — with local chapters in Austin, Dallas and Houston. SACC-Texas’ local chapters work independently and jointly to promote trade and investment between Sweden and Texas.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Assisting the Chairman in driving and coordinating the work of the Board.
- Monitoring and working together with the Board to implement the SACC-Dallas´ strategy.
- Ensuring we are constantly improving and working jointly towards our goals.
- Representing the Board at SACC-Dallas´ events.
- Leading Board meetings when the Chair is absent.
- Actively seeking out and following up on leads for potential new members.
- Working with existing company or individual members.
- Planning and implementing activities such as business seminars, networking events, as well as securing speakers for events.
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enthusiastic and good at leading and coordinating people or teams.
- Like to engage and network with people and view SACC as an excellent platform to do so.
- Able to commit a few hours each week working in a not-for-profit organization that has a mission to drive business growth between Sweden and the US/Texas.
- Resourceful in seeking opportunities to support the continued development of a professional organization that allows networking and learning opportunities for people and companies in our target group.
Could you be our next Vice Chair? Send an email to Johanna.firstname.lastname@example.org