The SACC-USA Trainee Program makes it possible for people from Sweden to come to the United States on a J-1 Visa for up to 18 months. Trainees participate in a structured and guided work-based learning program in an American business setting to gain firsthand experience of life and business in the United States.
Some benefits of going to the US as a trainee or intern include:
- Put theory into practice. You get to put your theoretical knowledge into practice. You will learn American methodologies and practices and will be able to compare differences between the U.S. and Sweden.
- American business experience. You will learn first-hand how business is conducted in the U.S.
- English language skills. You will improve your English speaking and writing skills, both general business-English and specific to your field.
- Cross-cultural Skills. You will develop an understanding of U.S. customs and culture and become adept at cross-cultural communication – a skill that will be invaluable in your future career.
- Competitive advantage. With international experience on your resume, you will immediately gain an advantage over your peers in the Swedish job market.
- International Network. You will start building a personal international support network.
There are five broad types of trainees in SACC-USA’s Trainee Program:
- Trainees who have found a host organization with SACC-USA’s help
- Trainees at SACC Regional Chambers
- Trainees who have found a host organization on their own
- Swedish students writing their Bachelor or Master´s theses for a U.S. company
- Employees of Swedish companies who need to go to the U.S. for training with a mother company, subsidiary or business/joint venture partner
On SACC-USA’s website, you can find available trainee positions.
Find out more here.