As a SACC member, your company can utilize the Trainee Program as a tool in developing your international business activities.
Trainees educated within the highly regarded Swedish educational system bring expertise within their academic field along with an intimate knowledge of the Swedish and European market, language skills and cross-cultural knowledge.
If you have already found your intern or trainee, SACC-USA will assist with the J-1 visa application. If you have not yet found the ideal candidate, SACC-USA will help with the search. As a SACC member, you get a discount on the associated fees.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a trainee through the SACC-USA Trainee Program:
- Qualified trainees. You can host well-educated, motivated and bilingual trainees in a training program up to 18 months.
- International exposure. The trainee will bring a European perspective to your organization.
- Large pool of pre-screened candidates. SACC-USA will post your position on our website and distribute it to our network in Sweden to generate applications specifically for your position. We also maintain a database of pre-screened trainee candidates and can present you with a number of qualified candidates for your evaluation.
- Peace of mind. SACC-USA reviews candidate applications so that you are ensured that they meet the criteria established by the U.S. Department of State for the J-1 visa.
- It’s easy. SACC-USA guides you and your trainee through the application process and assists with the necessary documentation making the entire process easy and fast.
- Low cost. The host organization is strongly encouraged (but not required) to pay the trainee a stipend equivalent to the cost of living in the host company’s location. There generally are no social security or medicare taxes for a J-1 trainee. The host organization pays the SACC-USA visa service fee and the SEVIS fee. The trainee generally pays his or her own insurance and travel expenses.
Find out more here.